Sonatas with the Apple Hill String Quartet ~ Faculty & Guest Artists Recital
Redfern Arts Center
Friday, April 04, 2014 · 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Join us for an exciting evening of sonatas for strings and piano. Members of the Apple Hill String Quartet will collaborate with KSC Faculty member Maura Glennon in this special performance and fund-raising event for the Apple Hill Center for Chamber Music in Nelson, NH.
- Violinist Colleen Jennings will open the program with the serenely beautiful E Major Violin and Keyboard Sonata by J.S. Bach. Jennings joined the quartet as second violinist in 2013 and she is also a faculty member at Smith College.
- Elise Kuder, called “first rate” by the Boston Globe and a graduate of Oberlin and Juilliard, will perform the Brahms G Major Sonata for Violin and Piano.
- Cellist Rupert Thompson will open the second half of the program with Beethoven’s Cello Sonata in C Major, Opus 102. Thompson is a graduate of Peabody and holds a DM from SUNY Stonybrook.
- Michael Kelley, violist with the quartet, will close the recital with the powerful Rebecca Clarke Sonata for Viola and Piano. With degrees from Oberlin and Juilliard, Mike is also well-known for his international life as disco-pop singer Kelley Polar.
- KSC piano faculty Maura Glennon will collaborate with each of the quartet members in this very special evening of string and piano sonatas.
Admission is $10 for the general public and $5 for KSC students, senior citizens, and youth ages 17 and under. Additionally, special $50 Patron seating will be available for a limited number of seats! These tickets include preferred seating, an autographed copy of the program, and your name entered in a raffle for an Apple Hill summer concert subscription, a $200 value!
Visit the Box Office's website or call (603) 358-2168. The link also has information on Redfern membership, discounts for seniors, students, carpoolers and Alumni, seating charts, and directions.
Dinner and a Show. Enhance your evening at the Redfern Arts Center with a delicious meal in Keene before the show! The Redfern is partnering with five local restaurants -- Elm City Brewing Company, McCue's, Nicola¹s Trattoria, The Pub, and Ramuntos -- to offer a 10% meal discount for ticket holders on the night of each performance. Just present your Redfern ticket to any of the five locations listed to receive the discount.
This event is part of the Music Department event series.
To request accommodations for a disability, please contact the coordinator at least two weeks prior to the event.