As Information Literacy Librarian at the Mason Library at Keene State College I work to develop an integrated information literacy program. I provide leadership in the development, promotion, assessment, and teaching of information literacy. I teach information literacy research sessions and meet individually with students and faculty to provide support throughout the research process. I currently serve as library liaison and am responsible for developing the library's collection in Education, Special Education, Curriculum Materials, Social Sciences, Journalism, Communication & Philosophy. Previously as Research Services Librarian at Landmark College Library I helped develop an information literacy program for students with learning disabilities and/or ADHD. I have worked in academic libraries for 10 years.
I am interested in the development of critical literacy skills, integrative approaches to program development, and inclusive instruction. I hope to share my experience teaching students with learning disabilities and AD/HD with other librarians and teachers and to advocate for accessibility of library services. I am interested in applications of Universal Design in Library instruction and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Library Liaison areas
- Special Education
- Curriculum Materials
- Social Sciences
- Journalism, Communication & Philosophy
Chodock, T. & Dolinger, E. (2009). Applying universal design to information literacy: Teaching students who learn differently at Landmark College. RUSQ- Reference and User Services Quarterly, 49(1).
- The Lab Model: Taking Embedded to the Next Level. Panel presentation. Association of College & Research Libraries Annual on April 1, 2011.
- Teaching Information Literacy & Research Skills to Student Who Learn Differently. Co-presenter and workshop facilitator with Jennifer Lann, Director Landmark College Library. Date to be determined in March 18, 2011. City University of New York.
- Universal Design for Information Literacy (prezi)
Presented at the LOEX Annual Conference Bridging & Beyond: Developing Librarian Infrastructure May 1, 2010 Dearborn Michigan
- More Sources (pdf)
- Applying Universal Design to Improve Reference & Instruction Services (Powerpoint) ACRL New England Chapter annual conference: Are You Being Served? Customer Satisfaction & Library Service College of the Holy Cross Worcester, MA, May 15, 2009
- Panel member: Strategic Collaborations to Promote Information Literacy Across Your Campus. Association of College & Research Libraries - New England Library Instruction Group December 2008 meeting. December 5, 2008 Franklin Pierce University.
- Universal Design for Information Literacy (Powerpoint)
Bibliography (Word document)
ACRL New England Library Instruction Group Annual Program 2008 - How Students Learn. June 6, 2008 Western New England College.
Professional Memberships & Service
- New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) Co-Chair 2010-2011
- New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) Vice Chair/Chair Elect 2009-2010
- New England Library Instruction Group (NELIG) program planning committee co-chair Annual Program June 2010
- Member of Association of College & Research Libraries, American Library Association
Other Professional Activities
- Adjunct Instructor, Cambridge College
- MMG508: Information Research & Technology
- Taught a graduate level blended-learning summer course in management program at Springfield Massachusetts campus.