Barracuda's Outlook Plugin
To download and install the plugin:
- Go to the Barracuda login homepage at http://KSCMail1.keene.edu:8000 and click on the Get Mail Client Plug-ins Here link at the bottom of the window.
- This will open a pop-up window. Click the Download Now button.
- The File Download box will pop up. Click the Open button.
- This will prompt the computer if you wish to continue with the Barracuda Outlook Plugin Installation.
- Click Yes. At this point the Installation will begin. Continue to click Next through the next 2 dialog boxes:
- When the installation is finished, click Finish and close any other remaining dialog boxes and web pages.
- Close Outlook and when you reopen you will see two new buttons on your toolbar: a red and a green envelope.
The two new buttons in your toolbar are what you will use to tell the system which messages in your Inbox are SPAM and which are not.
- Classify as Spam -- submits the selected message to the system, which in turn uses its features to classify future messages as spam.
- Classify as Not Spam -- submits the selected message to the system, which in turn uses its features to classify future similar messages as valid email.
When a message arrives in your Inbox that you would like to submit to the system as SPAM, make sure you have the message selected, and then click the RED Envelope. It will submit it to the system and move the item to your Deleted Items folder.
Additionally, it is a good idea to submit messages to the system that you DO NOT consider SPAM. Some good examples might be professional mailing lists you subscribe to or messages from people who are NOT part of the University. This way the systems will "learn" your preferences easier.