PCs on the KSC Wireless Network
PC's will need the following in order to connect to the KSC wireless network:
- KSC allowed anti-virus software: Students connecting to the campus wireless network with either a PC or a laptop are required to install a KSC allowed antivirus software. KSC provides support to students for Security Essentials antivirus software.
- Network Registration: All students connecting to the campus wireless network are required to register on the network as part of the effort to keep the campus network free of computer viruses and spyware.
Students will also need to know their NetID (username) and password to log in.
- Windows Critical updates: Students connecting to the campus wireless network with a PC that operates Windows software must turn on the automatic update feature in order to download critical security patches.
You may also want on your computer:
- Office Suite software; including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access (Students are eligible for academic discounts on software through the KSC bookstore) or another software that will provide similar programs.
- Note: Office Suite is available to students in the Rhodes Hall Public Lab, The Mason Library Lab and in all other discipline labs.