Outlook Web Access (OWA)
Logging In |
What is it? |
Who can use it? |
Browser Settings |
What's New |
- Visit https://owa.keene.edu/exchange
- If you receive a three line login prompt type in the following:
NetID = your username(e.g., jdoe)
Password = your network password (e.g. OwlsR#1!)
- For Help using Outlook Web Access, click the Help button in the middle of the OWA screen.
What is it?
Use Internet Explorer as your web browser to access your e-mail account from anywhere in the world using OWA. OWA is ideal for users who need full access to their mail, schedule, contacts and public folders when they are not at their personal computer or in a computer lab. Mac Users, use Safari or Firefox 2.0 as your web browser.
Who can use it?
Faculty and Staff who have an Outlook account.
Web Browser Settings
To use Outlook Web Access you must:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8
- have "cookies" turned on, and
- enable SSL (Secure Socket Layers)
What's New in OWA 2003
- You will receive reminders for appointments and when new mail arrives.
- You can open e-mail attachments that are embedded in another e-mail.
- Delegate access to calendars is supported.
- OWA suports mass deletes of e-mail items.
- Outlook Personal Folder Files (.PST files) aren't available.
- You cannot use your signature file.