Mobile Device Support Services
Mobile technologies are being driven by connectedness and large arrays of mobile devices have made their way to the Keene State College campus.
Mobile devices are great tools for staying connected with colleagues, email, appointments, documents or accessing information from the web. However, support for these devices is challenging due to the extensive variety of products available to consumers and the pace of change. The IT Group recognizes the importance of these devices in the workplace and in an effort to support campus with these tools offer the following services and guidelines:
- Exchange sync - The HelpDesk will support connections to the Exchange server, so that compatible devices can be configured to sync with your email, calendar, contacts. You will be required to set a passcode on your mobile device to increases the security of your mobile device and any KSC information that may reside on your mobile device.
To sync your mobile device, click on your mobile device type below:
- Security of your mobile device and the protection of sensitive data are critical. Review our Mobile Device Security tips and implement all best practices applicable to your mobile device.
Keep in mind:
- Access to KSC P & Q drives is not available on iPads/tablets or any other mobile device.
- Dropbox is a free cloud service for storing your documents and provides easy access to them from any mobile device. Dropbox is not a secure cloud storage solution and NO KSC restricted data should be placed there. Reference KSC Data Access Policy for restricted/unrestricted data clarifications. All existing USNH, KSC and federal policies (CNUP, Data Access, FERPA, etc.) still apply.
- Primary assistance for mobile devices is from manufacturer and/or service provider (Apple, AT&T, etc.)