The safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors is a high priority. The Department of Campus Safety provides security services to the College community 24 hours a day, year-round. Officers patrol campus, respond to emergencies and requests for assistance and provide educational programming to increase crime awareness and prevention.
Campus Safety officers have full authority granted by the University System of New Hampshire to enforce college policies and work closely with the Keene Police Department to investigate, report and resolve criminal incidents. Criminal activity by students at off campus locations is actively monitored and may be addressed through the Campus Conduct System.
Keene State College complies with the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act” and makes the following information available:
Current Clery Report [PDF]
This report includes:
- Policies on reporting criminal actions and other emergencies
- Policies on sexual assault
- Policies on alcohol and other drug use, and
- Crime statistics for the past three years
Beginning October 1st, 2010, the following information will be available in the campus crime report:
- The annual fire safety report for on-campus housing facilities
- Fire statistics for residence facilities
- Description of residence facilities’ fire safety systems
- Procedures to follow in case of fire and for residence hall evacuation
- Policies for fire safety education and training
- Titles of individuals or organizations to which fires should be reported.
- Emergency response and evacuation procedures
- Missing student notification procedures
Crime statistics only can be access directly at: http://www.keene.edu/policy/crimestats.pdf
If you have any questions, or would like to request a paper copy of the report, please contact Amanda Warman, director of campus safety, at 358-2766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTING CRIMES AND EMERGENCIES
All members of the Keene State College Community and guests to the campus are encouraged to report emergencies and suspected criminal activity to the Department of Campus Safety immediately.
Campus Safety maintains an EMERGENCY phone number for immediate assistance. Emergency phones, many with the “BLUE LIGHT,” are located throughout campus exclusively for this purpose. If you witness a crime or wish to report an emergency, call;
All Other Calls: 358-2228
Keene Police: 357-9815
Or report in person at Grafton House on Wyman Way.
When reporting a crime or emergency:
- Remain calm.
- Give the location of the incident – building name, room number, parking lot name.
- Identify yourself and give a callback telephone number. Your identity will remain confidential if you wish; however, it is important we be able to contact you if we need additional information.
- State the incident you are reporting i.e. theft, medical emergency, fire.
- Describe the scene – who and how many people are there, if medical treatment is being given, description of subjects, and other information.
- State the subject’s direction of flight, if applicable.
- Stay on the phone until the dispatcher has recorded all of the information.
When a crime or other serious incident is reported, a Campus Safety Officer will be dispatched to the scene to render assistance and investigate the incident. The Keene Police may also be contacted if circumstances dictate. If the responding officer determines the situation presents a significant or imminent danger to the Keene State College Community, s/he will contact the Director of Campus Safety and/or the Vice President of Student Affairs to provide timely warning to the Community.
The Keene Fire Department responds to all medical emergencies, fires, fire alarms, and hazardous materials incidents along with Campus Safety personnel.
Incidents identified as Residence Life or Maintenance related will be referred to the on-call personnel in the specific department needed.