Internal Grant Programs
PAT Professional Development Grants
Keene State College recognizes the important role that PAT Staff who also teach bring to our campus. With the endorsement of the Cabinet and PAT Council, and the generous support of Provost, KSC offers $3,000 in grant awards for eligible PAT/faculty annually. This Professional Development pool to support PATs in their teaching responsibilities offers individual awards up to $500 through an application and review process.
Three members of the PAT staff, selected by the PAT Council will serve on the committee and determine grant awards and make policy recommendations regarding the fund. The Office of Sponsored Projects & Research will facilitate the committee process; OSPR staff will not vote on proposals.
2011-2012 Committee Membership:
Lynne Andrews, Director of Recreational Sports, x 8-2815
Kim Schmidl-Gagne, Program Manager, Diversity & Multiculturalism, x 8-2768
Sara Telfer, Assistant Director of Alumni & Parent Relations, x 8-2425
- PATs who teach KSC courses outside of their normal position responsibilities are eligible to apply.
- PATs who teach KSC courses as a part of their normal position responsibilities (i.e. “teaching PATs”) are eligible to apply.
- Eligible staff are welcome to apply for professional development funds at any time, however a staff member may only receive one award per fiscal year.
- Awarded funds must be spent and accounted for through the KSC Business Office within the 2012-2013 fiscal year (requests for reimbursement must be submitted by June 15, 2013).
- Activities that will directly impact the staff member’s KSC courses, their content, pedagogy or assessment.
- Such activities may include attendance as conferences, lectures, workshops or other training opportunities at KSC or elsewhere, or travel to engage in scholarly activities.
- These professional development activities must be clearly connected to classes taught on the campus of KSC.
- All activities must take place after the date of award. Applications for retroactive activities cannot be accepted.
Grant proposals should be submitted using the PAT Grant Application Form. This form is designed to help you provide the necessary information in the required format. Please download the application form to your computer before completing the application. If you have difficulty accessing the form, please contact Susan Ericson-West.
Proposals will be reviewed throughout the fiscal year on a rolling submission basis. PATs will receive a response to their application typically within 7-10 days of submission.
- As per KSC Purchasing and Travel policy, check with the KSC contracted vendors for price quotes for travel:
- Accent Travel - Pam Bruder, KSC Account Manager (603) 352-3003
- Milne Travel Services – Claire VanWely, KSC Account Manager (603) 352-8005
- Staff are also encouraged to check the Purchasing Office's Travel website for current information on mileage rates and travel regulations.
- All equipment and supplies purchased with PAT Professional Development Funds become the property of the College and must relate directly to and/or be consumed by the project.
- Once awards have been granted, PATs can generally access their funds one week from the date of award.
- Projects must be completed and funds expended and accounted for through the Business Office within the 2012-2013 fiscal year (requests for reimbursement must be submitted by June 15, 2013).
- Grant recipients are encouraged to disseminated the results of the projects to the campus community
For Additional Information Contact Susan Ericson-West, Office of Sponsored Projects & Research (603-358-2046)