Master of Science: Safety and Occupational Health Applied Science
Keene State College’s M.S. in Safety and Occupational Health Applied Science is designed for motivated students who are ready to engage in a personalized plan of study that is meaningful, relevant and demonstrates that they possess the knowledge, skills and dispositions of seasoned professionals.
Completion of this program will help individuals improve their ability to anticipate, evaluate and control hazards within the workplace to protect the health and safety of employees. Safety and occupational health professionals will find this program to be very accessible and full of content that will help them successfully face the philosophical, technological and managerial challenges emerging in the world today. Candidates for this Master of Science degree will enjoy the guidance and mentorship of KSC faculty, engaging coursework, seminar discussions, field work, readings, professional conferences, and opportunities to engage in meaningful and useful research.
As a result of this program, students will demonstrate competence in critical and creative thinking, quantitative and technological literacy, advanced management and writing skills. These abilities are the essential tools used by confident and competent leaders who initiate innovative technical solutions that are balanced with moral and ethical considerations in public and private sectors.
• Students can work full-time while completing the program.
• The 36 credit M.S. is offered as a cohort model with blended learning environments (online and in-class instruction).
• Saturday courses offer flexibility to working professionals, and required classes occur during the fall, spring, and summer.
With the guidance and support of faculty, students will demonstrate the ability to:
• apply knowledge of mathematics and science to identify contemporary issues and solve applied science problems.
• design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
• formulate or design a system process or program to meet identified outcomes.
• communicate effectively and actively contribute toward the goals of multi-disciplinary teams.
• understand the impact of solutions from a global and societal context.
• reflect on personal performance to address a broad range of professional and ethical responsibilities.
• acquire and apply techniques, skills, and technical-scientific tools.
Click on the links below for detailed information.
SUMMARY: MS: Safety and Occupational Health Applied Science – PDF flyer
PROGRAM PLANNING SHEET for this program
COURSE DESCRIPTIONS for this program
1, 2, and 3 year plans for completion of this program
SATURDAY CLASS SCHEDULE 2012 – 2013 Fall and Spring
Apply to this program using the “SAFETY” Application and Recommendation form
Please contact the Graduate Studies Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , for additional information about this program.