Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Keene State College invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. The College is seeking an experienced Student Affairs and Enrollment Management professional who will provide visionary and operational leadership to the division, as well as demonstrate a commitment to meaningful collaboration, diversity, and an ability to think creatively as well as conceptually. Areas of significant emphasis of the position include student development, recruitment, retention and student success.
Set in the beautiful New England city of Keene, at the foot of Mount Monadnock, Keene State College is the public liberal arts college of New Hampshire. Inspired by the college motto “Enter to Learn – Go Forth to Serve,” the institution focuses on rigorous academic programs and a tradition of small classes, faculty-student research and creative projects, and community service. With a budget of $120 million, it offers 48 undergraduate majors and selected graduate degrees through three schools: Arts and Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences, Professional and Graduate Studies. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of NCAA Division III athletics. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Keene State College as one of the best colleges/regional universities in the North. This is an exciting time for the College, with a new president in place and searches underway for both this position and the provost.
The Vice President will provide leadership and innovation for the newly created Enrollment Management function which will become part of Student Affairs. . The units reporting to the Vice President include: Academic and Career Advising, Admissions, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management, Athletics, Campus Safety, Counseling Center, Dean of Students, Dining Services, Disability Services, Financial Aid, Health and Wellness, Recreational Sports, Residential Life, Student Center, and Student Involvement. The Vice President provides leadership in planning, developing, executing and assessing the college’s strategic enrollment management plan, in conjunction with the newly created AVP for Enrollment Management, and developing the goals and implementing the strategies to achieve the college’s student affairs goals. As part of the senior leadership team the Vice President is engaged in institutional strategic planning and implementation and is expected to represent the College locally, regionally and nationally. The Vice President provides direction in hiring and retention practices, performance management, review of professional development plans, work area plans, and progress reports for all of Student Affairs in accordance with College policies and negotiated contract provisions. The Vice President develops and manages an operating budget of approximately $38 million. The Vice President reports directly to the President and serves on her Cabinet.
Keene State College seeks an energetic leader with strong management skills who genuinely likes working with students. Candidates must have a passion for the educational mission of the College and a commitment to providing graduate and undergraduate students with an outstanding experience at KSC. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required; an earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible leadership experience in student affairs and/or enrollment management in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and affirmative action for all members in the college community.
- The successful candidate will possess knowledge of broad and sophisticated best practices for student development programs, services, enrollment trends, and recruitment.
- Evidence of visionary strategic planning and operational leadership, and effective resources management.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative, results-oriented leader who is skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships, budget management, strategic planning, and human resource management.
- An understanding of state and federal programs, agencies and laws that specifically address higher education and student issues.
- An earned doctorate in higher education administration or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience working with shared governance and shared decision making.
- Experience with successful development and implementation of an enrollment management plan, demonstrating effective use of data and achievement of results.
- A proven track record of bringing projects to a successful completion.
A special emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s experience working in a highly collaborative, senior management team environment that is focused on the successful execution of the College’s strategic plan
Information for Applicants
Review of applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made. For best review, applications should be submitted by March 1, 2014. Application materials should include: a letter describing the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for the position; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses (including email), and telephone numbers for at least five references.
Steve Leo, Vice President, and Matthew Bunting, Senior Associate, of Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates are assisting the search committee. Questions, requests for information, nominations, and applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Keene State College is engaged in an effort to build a community that reflects the diversity of society.
Contact Keene State College
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435