9 1 1
For all emergencies
Health and Safety Committee
The Health and Safety Committee is established to:
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Advise the President on campus health and safety issues
- Assess the campus's level of compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
- Recommend initiatives which will enhance the health and safety of faculty, staff, students and the general public while at Keene State College
- Suggest updates to the College Emergency Operations Plan and risk mitigation strategies to the President
This committee meets the requirements of New Hampshire Department of Labor regulations (CHAPTER 281-A WORKERS' COMPENSATION Section 281-A:64).
Membership will include representation of the administration, faculty, staff and student body and shall include:
- One faculty from each School approved by the Dean
- School of Sciences and Social Sciences
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Professional and Graduate Studies
- One professional staff approved by the PAT Council
- Operating staff: at least two members approved by the OS Council, one of which shall be from the Physical Plant
- One student approved by the Student Assembly
- One representative from the Residential Life Office
- Other members of the campus community who would like to serve on the Committee
Ex officio members:
- Director of Physical Plant (or designee)
- Senior Executive Assistant to the President
- Manager of Environmental Health and Safety
- HR Liaison - Benefit Specialist
- Director of Campus Safety (or designee)
- ADA Officer (or designee)
- Athletic Director (or designee)
- Director of College and Media Relations (or designee)
This membership complies with the administrative rules for safety programs and joint loss management committees, Chapter RSA.281-A.
- Hold monthly meetings and maintain minutes.
- Review previous meeting minutes and follow up on recommendations made by the Committee.
- Review accident reports, generate recommendations for safety standards and rules and assign responsibilities and target dates for implementation.
- Communicate to all employees and/or students the Committee's mission and activities as well as current safety programs and policies.
- Make recommendations for specific safety policies and training topics and participate in safety training.
- Report to the Committee safety concerns or issues brought forward by individuals from the campus community.
- The chairperson will be elected by the Committee, alternating between employee and employer representatives.
- Any employee who participates in committee activities shall be paid at his/her regular rate of pay for all time spent on such activities.
- A quorum for a meeting shall be 50% of the assigned membership. All matters requiring a vote must have a quorum present.
- Individual members who cannot attend a Committee meeting may and are encouraged to appoint a designated alternate to serve during their absence.
- All Committee members, including properly assigned designated alternates will have voting rights.
Health and Safety Newsletter, Winter 2011
Committee Meeting Minutes