Child Development Center
The Child Development Center (CDC) is a laboratory school for students enrolled in the Professional Educator Development Program at Keene State College. The Center models best practices for future teachers by creating environments for young children and their families where individuals are encouraged to explore, create, and cultivate positive relationships and to develop a sense of community. Under the guidance of the Child Development Center’s master teachers, and in collaboration with education faculty, KSC students are provided multiple opportunities to apply their knowledge of educational theory to the actual practice of teaching and learning.
$200,000 to renovate existing space and create some new space
$75,000 to equip the Center
$25,000 to endow tuition scholarships
TOTAL = $300,000
Funding for this project will:
- Consolidate resources
- Integrate services
- Create a cohesive family-like unit by providing greater interaction among children in all groups – infants and toddlers, preschoolers, and pre-K and kindergartners
- Increase the sense of community
- Provide increased security and safety by creating a single main entrance and reception area.
- Create excellent educational and day care opportunities for the region
- Provide superior training for KSC education students
Contributions at any level are appreciated. For more information about the CDC and its specific needs, contact Mary Mayshark-Stavely at 603-358-2232. You may also visit the Child Development Center web site.