It is important that each student at Keene State College have health insurance for coverage of care not received in the Center for Health and Wellness. We encourage each student to be aware of his or her health insurance provider, coverage and limitations. It is of particular importance that students know about emergency care coverage, prescription coverage and limitations. Please come to college with an insurance card and phone numbers.
- If you are planning to participate in intercollegiate sports, a copy of your Comprehensive Student Health Report, which includes your physical and immunizations will need to be submitted to the Athletic Department.
Things to Bring
Don't forget your prescriptions, prescription information, items from the list below, and your insurance coverage provider information. Be sure you know who your medical insurance provider is, what numbers, forms, and procedures need to be followed to submit claims for medical expenses incurred outside of the KSC Center for Health and Wellness.
Don't forget to bring…
- non-aspirin pain reliever: acetaminophen and/or ibuprofen (ex: Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
- decongestant (ex: Sudafed, etc.)
- cough medication with expectorant and cough suppressant (ex: Delsym)
- antacid liquid (ex: Pepto-Bismol, Mylanta, etc.)
- throat lozenges (ex: Vicks, Nicola, etc.)
- antibiotic ointment (ex: Bacitracin, Neosporin, etc.)
- athlete's foot medication (ex: Tinactin, Desenex, etc.)
- nail clippers
- heating pad
- cold mist vaporizer
The Center for Health and Wellness does not administer allergy shots. Students who need allergy shots must coordinate their care through the Allergy Department at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth Hitchcock Keene. The Allergy Department can be reached at 603-354-5496.
Prescribing Medications for ADHD
Requesting copies of medical records
Medical Records are kept for a period of 7 years. If you need a copy of your records, you must send a signed note authorizing KSC to release your records. Please specify the name, address and fax number of the individual or office the information should be sent to. There is a $5 handling charge.