Holocaust and Genocide Studies
Bachelor of Arts
School of Arts and Humanities
Students will demonstrate:
- Critical knowledge of the Holocaust, its historical and precipitating factors, and an appreciation of its leesons and legacy through multiple disciplines and perspectives.
- Understanding of the concept of genocide, as distinct from mass atrocity, and the circumstances under which it can occur, its precipitating factors, and its legacy.
- An understanding of relevant ethical issues such as prejudice, discrimination, and racism.
- The ability to think critically, and write and speak effectively, about issues related to genocide and the Holocaust.
- An ability to do independent research, exploring and evaluating primary and secondary sources, articulating a clearly formulated thesis or question, and drawing appropriate conclusions.