The History minor consists of 20 credits.
At least 12 credits must be at the 300-level or above.
Students may concentrate in the following areas:
- Self-Designed Major (in which students pursue a topic of particular interest to them that is approved by their history faculty adviser)
- War, Peace, and Society (History courses designated WPS)
- Gender, Race and Class (History courses designated GRC)
- Ideas and Beliefs (History courses designated IB)
- Media and Popular Culture (History courses designated MPC)
Note that numerous history courses have more than one designation.
Students may count one approved relevant course (of any level) from outside the History Department offerings toward the History minor. Such courses must be approved by the chair of the History Department.