Graduate Educator Certification
Graduate Educator Certification (Special Education)
School of Arts, Education, and Culture
With the guidance and support of KSC faculty in partnership with local special education professionals, candidates for the Graduate Educator Certification Program are able to:
- apply special education knowledge and skills so that the individuals with disabilities who they teach can develop academic, social, and transition skills to become meaningful and productive members of a community.
- design instruction, assessment, and individualized programs with the student and family at the center of the process.
- utilize expertise of special education stakeholders within and outside a school system in a collaborative framework.
- celebrate diversity in the context of supporting individuals with disabilities.
- act as advocates for individuals with disabilities.
- develop belief and value systems that provide a focus for acting as a special educator.
- reflect on practice to increase special education knowledge, skills, and beliefs.