Bachelor of Arts
School of Arts and Humanities
B.A. Studio Option
- Professional presentation of artwork: Presentation of students' artwork meets professional standards and expectations.
- Skill with materials: Student artwork demonstrates proficiency with use of chosen media and indicates a breadth of materials experience.
- Skill with concepts: Student artwork demonstrates competence and understanding of color, line, shape, form, etc. and composition.
- Creativity and originality: Student work has an unique quality with creative elements, demonstrates risk taking, imagination and innovation.
- Consistency: Student work has a cohesive and unified quality regarding technical and advanced conceptual issues.
- Artistic maturity: Subject matter explored indicates artistic development appropriate to senior-level coursework.
B.A. Graphic Design Option
- Research and concepts: Student work demonstrates ability to problem solve, think critically, and create effective visual concepts.
- Proficiency with Typography: Student work demonstrates a basic understanding of typography.
- Design Strength: Student work demonstrates an ability to use the elements, principles and methodologies of graphic design to produce meaningful visual messages.
- Technical Understanding: Student work demonstrates technical proficiency in the use of professional design software packages.
- Knowledge of Graphic Design: Student work demonstrates a general understanding of historical contexts of graphic design.
- Presentation: Student demonstrates the ability to document her/his graphic design process and products in a portfolio of work.