- Anthropology (Minor)
Learning outcomes for the anthropology/sociology major include the ability to accomplish the following:
- To be able to observe and analyze social and cultural phenomena within an informed global and culturally relativistic perspective.
- To understand how race, class, and gender are culturally constructed in different societies and how these constructions are related to patterns of power and privilege manifested in those particular societies as well as cross-culturally.
- To develop a basic understanding of human evolution and cultural development.
- To acquire proficiency with anthropological and sociological theory, ethographic research methods, quantitative analysis, and scholarship.
- To become aware of the politics of knowledge production and to challenge scholastic conventions in a rapidly changing world.