- Health Science (B.S.)
Upon completion of the Health Science curriculum, the student will be able to:
- Apply evidence-based knowledge and behavior change theories in the areas of substance abuse/addictions, physical activity and nutrition.
- Critically evaluate health information through the application of information literacy skills.
- Effectively communicate health information.
- Discuss the relationship between health, disease and public policy.
- Develop and apply culturally competent health initiatives.
- Design and deliver health education and promotion programs across the lifespan (asset based assessment, developing program goals and objectives, marketing, business management and program evaluation).
- Create and present a scholarly project through the use of research methods.
- Apply ethical principles in practical settings.
- Recognize the impact of social justice factors such as social, cultural, sexual, gender, and political issues on personal and community wellness.
- Develop an academic and professional portfolio that documents learning and community engagement.