Back to Holocaust and Genocide Studies - Minor
Students will demonstrate:
- knowledge of the Holocaust, its historical and precipitating factors, and an appreciation of its lessons and legacy through multiple disciplines and perspectives.
- understanding of the concept of genocide, as distinct from mass murder, and the circumstances under which it can occur, its precipitating factors, and its legacy.
- an understanding of relevant ethical issues such as prejudice, discrimination, and racism.
- the enhanced ability to think critically, and write and speak effectively, about issues related to genocide and the Holocaust.
- the enhanced ability to do independent research, exploring and evaluating primary and secondary sources, articulaing a clear thesis or question, and drawing appropriae conclusions.