- Substance Abuse/Addictions (Minor)
Upon completion of the Health Science curriculum, the student will be able to:
- Apply evidence-based knowledge in health science.
- Critically evaluate health information through the application of information literacy skills.
- Effectively communicate health information.
- Discuss the relationship between health, disease and public policy.
- Apply behavior change theories in health science.
- Identify and assess the effects of factors such as social, cultural, economic, sexual, gender, and political issues on personal and community wellness or the development of health initiatives.
- Create effective health education programs based on community assessment.
- Identify and apply ethical principles.
- Use research methods to complete scholarly work.
- Develop an academic and professional portfolio that documents learning and community engagement.