B.A. Studio Option
- Professional presentation of artwork: Presentation of students' artwork meets professional standards and expectations.
- Skill with materials: Student artwork demonstrates proficiency with use of chosen media and indicates a breadth of materials experience.
- Skill with concepts: Student artwork demonstrates competence and understanding of color, line, shape, form, etc. and composition.
- Creativity and originality: Student work has an unique quality with creative elements, demonstrates risk taking, imagination and innovation.
- Consistency: Student work has a cohesive and unified quality regarding technical and advanced conceptual issues.
- Artistic maturity: Subject matter explored indicates artistic development appropriate to senior-level coursework.
B.A. Graphic Design Option
- Research and concepts: Student work demonstrates ability to problem solve, think critically, and create strong visual concepts.
- Understanding of typography: Student work demonstrates both conventional and unconventional typographic skills.
- Design strength: Student demonstrates an ability to use the principles and elements of graphic design.
- Technical merit: Student work demonstrates ability to document work through professional design software packages.
- Presentation: Student work demonstrates ability to document work through professional level portfolio of work.