Elementary Methods I: Integrating Literacy, Social Studies, and the Arts
- Education (B.S.)
- Behavior and Social Supports (EDSP352)
- Development, Exceptionality, and Learning (EDSP202)
- Elementary Methods II: Integrating Math, Science, and Literacy (EDUC322)
- Social Contexts of Education (EDUC200)
- Structure of Number Systems (MATH171)
Practical approaches to creating literacy-rich environments in which children can grow and develop as listeners, speakers, readers, and writers. Lesson-planning techniques are introduced, including writing objectives and designing assessments. Curriculum integration is examined through literacy, social studies, and the arts. Supervised field experience included. Prerequisites: Admission to Teacher Education, EDUC 200 and EDSP 202, and MATH 171, Junior standing. Fall, Spring.