CELT shared the information below in an email to all faculty on Tuesday 2/10/2015. The steps below follow best practices and ensures faculty have the steps necessary to save course materials that might currently reside in Blackboard.
Tip: If Blackboard is no longer accessible after May 2015, what do I need to do to save my old Blackboard course materials?
Faculty who have content on Blackboard will have to download and save it before the end of May 2015. There are several ways in which to do this but here are the steps we recommend:
- Use the “Export” tool in Blackboard (not the archive tool)
- Blackboard will create a course .zip file. Save this to a secure location. We strongly recommend you use your Keene State “P” drive.
- Save the .zip file TWO times (yes, 2 times). The first .zip file can be used to import back into Canvas. Do not open or change this file.
- The second .zip file can be opened and files can be modified and saved.
- Save the grade center in all of your Bb courses for your records. The grade center is not a part of the Bb course “Export” and must be done individually.
- If you want to show student work examples you can but you have to individually download assignment submissions.
Step-by-step handout: https://keene.instructure.com/courses/225656/files/26176364?module_item_id=6278508