Below are some significant changes that students and instructors will notice when they log into Canvas.
- The Assignments link has been removed from the Global Navigation at the top of the Canvas page. Instead students and instructors will access assignments from within each course.
- The Settings link has been removed from the black help bar at the top of the screen. The link to personal settings is still available by clicking on your Name in the black help bar.
- The Bb Collaborate link on the course menu has been renamed to
- The scroll bar in the email recipient list is now functioning so there is no need to rely on the mouse scroll wheel.
Due to some changes in how Canvas handles roster management, CELT has developed a process by which faculty can remove students who dropped or withdrew from their course. Below is the email sent to faculty teaching on the Canvas platform in the fall of 2014 (9/2/2014).
Removing students from class rosters in Canvas
Due to changes in Canvas, CELT has developed a process for faculty to request removing students from their Canvas course rosters for Fall 2014. This includes removing students who have dropped and students who have withdrawn.
Please verify your roster(s) in WebAdvisor. Follow the link below and complete the form (your email, course information, list of students to remove). You will need to complete the form for each course you are teaching. After submitting the form, you will be provided the link to complete another.
Click on this link to manage a course roster: http://goo.gl/GHqAxD
Please note that:
- Web Advisor contains the most up-to-date information about your course rosters.
- Removing a student from your Canvas course roster does NOT officially remove them from the course, only from Canvas. Students wishing to withdraw from a class need to follow official College procedures.
CELT created a *”Canvas for Students” quick start guide that addresses Canvas settings, notification preferences, help resources, and a few other important things KSC students should know. Consider sharing the link to the PDF with your students.
Students will be enrolled in their fall 2014 Canvas courses by the end of the day, Friday 8/22.
* last updated 8/2014.