The College Camp on Wilson Pond
College Camp History
The College Camp on Wilson Pond has a rich history. Purchased by President Wallace E. Mason in 1929, the camp was for decades an important part of KSC students' social activities. A unique feature of the camp is the geographic fireplace, which was built in 1937. Students, faculty, alumni, and friends contributed stones from throughout New England, the United States, and Europe to create the now famous fireplace. The camp was almost sold in the late 1960s, but President Leo Redfern and alumni rallied to save it. The College Camp remains a beloved gathering place for members of the KSC community.
The Camp Today
The College Camp underwent a complete renovation in 1999 and is experiencing renewed interest from the College community and people throughout the Monadnock Region. The camp is an excellent place for student meetings, alumni events, and business retreats. The lodge is equipped with comfortable furniture, an electric fireplace, conference tables, a complete kitchen, wireless internet and a projection screen. Additional media equipment is the responsibility of the renter. It is accessible to people with disabilities.
The 100-seat outdoor pavilion offers an idyllic setting for weddings and is the perfect spot for class reunions and student picnics. There are 2 BBQ Grills outside for your use. The wooded grounds offer unlimited possibilities for recreation and relaxation.
For more information about renting the College Camp, please contact the KSC Event Scheduling Office at 603-358-2323 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
To submit a formal reservation request please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Desired Facility (College Camp, etc.)
- First and Last Name
- Day of Event Contact Phone Number
- Event Name/Type
- Anticipated Event Attendance
- Requested Event Date(s)
- Requested Event Time - PLEASE NOTE: Camp Hours are 8:00am-10:00pm
- KSC Affiliation, if any (Alumni, etc.)
Space Use Policies
The College Camp is located at 18 Page Court, Keene, NH 03431, just a few miles south of the KSC campus. Take Main Street south from Keene; it turns into Route 12 south. Turn right on Route 32. Follow Rte 32 past the airport (on your right) and Wilson Pond (on your left). Approximately 200 yards past the end of the pond turn left onto Safford Drive. Safford Drive leads you to a stop sign intersection. Turn left here and proceed 100 yards and the camp will be on your right.
The cost of using the camp for one day is $300 for businesses, for-profit organizations, and the general public; $225 for KSC employees for personal/private events ($75 is a cleaning/maintenance fee, which may be waived by the Event Scheduling Office); $150 for KSC alumni and students for personal/private events; and $150 for registered nonprofit organizations.
In consideration of the surrounding residential neighborhood all events must end by 10:00pm. The earliest the camp can be accessed on the day of the reservation is 8:00 am. The key for the camp can be picked up the day before your event at the information desk on the 1st floor of the Student Center - 24 Madison St, Keene, NH 3458.
It is important to note that the KSC College Camp is in use nearly every day. It is therefore important that groups only visit the camp of the day of their reservation. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in the cancellation of your reservation. If you would like to visit the camp for planning purposes on a date prior to your event please contact the Scheduling Office to schedule a time. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The camp lodge, pavilion, and grounds accommodate up to 200 people. However, there is only enough parking for 50 cars. The maximum occupancy of the lodge is 50 seated and 70 standing. Tables and chairs for 50 are available for your use. There is also a 12-foot-wide video screen, however you must supply your own audiovisual equipment. The pavilion has enough picnic-table seating for 100 people.
Camp Equipment, Tables, etc.
- The college does not supply any media equipment at the camp. There is a projection screen and wireless internet available to you if you need them. Instructions for use of the Wi-Fi are posted throughout the camp. Acquiring any other necessary media equipment is the responsibility of the renter(s).
- There are ten 6 ft. tables and 30 folding chairs in the utility closet. There are also 2 wooden tables on the 4 season porch with 10 chairs each. Acquiring any other necessary furniture is the responsibility of the renter(s).
Under the outdoors pavilion there are ten 8 ft. picnic tables. They can be moved if necessary, however they must be returned to their original location at the conclusion of the event.
- There are 2 BBQ grills outside for your use. Please be sure and empty the coals from the grills into the ash bucket located under the sink area in the pavilion.
- Should you choose to rent a tent it must be put up and taken down on the day of your event. Having tents up the day before or after the event will require the rental of an additional day or more.
- Pavilion Lights: The switch to the pavilion lights is located inside the camp in the large closest at the bottom of the stairs. The switch is to the left as you enter.
- Responsibility of the Renter - The renter is responsible for returning all furniture to it's original location both inside the camp and the pavilion. All trash barrels both inside and out are to be emptied into the dumpster located in the rear of the parking lot.
For safety reasons, you must notify the KSC Event Scheduling Office if you intend to utilize tents of any kind.
There is a Caterer's Addendum that is part of the scheduling process. Renters are welcome to hire the caterer or their choosing. Catering Services at Keene State College can be reached at 603-358-2677.
Alcohol may be served only by a New Hampshire licensed caterer; you may not bring your own alcohol to the College Camp. Catering Services at Keene State College can be reached at 603-358-2677.
The use of chalk, paint, glue, glitter, confetti, staples and/or tacks of any kind inside the camp or on the Pavilion are PROHIBITED. Any items you hang up for your event must be removed at the end of your event. The use of candles are PROHIBITED both inside and outside of the camp.
Contact the Event Scheduling Office
Event Scheduling Office
Event Scheduling Manager