Applying for an Alternative Loan
- Select an alternative loan lender.
- Submit an online application (your lender will notify you when your application has been approved or denied) at least 6 weeks before payment is due, but not before June 1st.
- If your application is approved, complete the promissory note with your lender.
- The KSC Financial Aid Office will then:
- Verify borrower eligibility when we receive the application from your lender
- Certify the application if the student/borrower is deemed eligible and forward it to the lender (allow 7-10 business days)
- The lender will guarantee the loan; they will send a disclosure statement identifying the disbursement amounts per semester to you and confirmation of the guarantee to us.
- Our office will mail the student an award notification listing the alternative loan.
- Disbursement amounts may be deducted from the semester’s charges after the loan has been guaranteed.