DMCA Violation Procedure
Scope: This policy pertains to all users of the Keene State College local area and wireless data networks and information technology resources.
ITG Process: When Keene State College Information Technology Security receives notification of a DMCA violation from an external source, KSC IT Group will take the following steps:
- Internet service for offending computer will be disabled
- KSC Judicial Affairs (HR and supervisor for faculty and Staff)will be notified of the violation notice
- The user of the offending computer will be notified why Internet access was disabled and how to have Internet service restored
- User must make an appointment with KSC Network Security Manager and/or Director of Telecommunications where they will be counseled on the reason their service was disabled and how to avoid this issue in the future
- Service will be restored within 24-48 business hours of the user completing the requirements
KSC IT Group does not impose increasing penalties for further violations. Judicial Affairs may choose to impose further penalties.
Other Notices: In academic year 2006-07 Keene State College began receiving additional notice types known as Preservation Notices, Pre-Litigation Notices, and Subpoenas. Because of the severity and legal nature of these notices Keene State College will handle these on a case by case basis with the students and the process is handled directly by the CIO. Process will begin with steps one though three above but completion of the process will be handled at the direction of the CIO.