Keene State College is a member of Division III of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and its regional affiliate, the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC), and the Little East Conference (LEC). Student athletes must meet all the eligibility requirements of the NCAA in order to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
NCAA eligibility includes, but is not limited to, these requirements:
- must be a full-time student, enrolled in at least 12 credits per semester and matriculated into a 4-year degree granting program
- must be accepted through the regular admissions process of the College
- must be in good academic standing as determined by the institution (see Academic Standing)
- must have passed 24 credits applicable to a degree in the preceding two full-time semesters (summer sessions may be included) or must have passed an average of 12 credits applicable to a degree per full-time semester of attendance
- has 10 full-time semesters to complete four years of eligibility.
- Transfer students from two-year and four-year institutions must meet additional requirements. Contact the Athletic Department for more information.
At the beginning of each semester of competition, each participating student’s academic record is reviewed by the Registrar, the Director of Athletics, and the NCAA faculty representative. Eligibility must be certified before a student competes; eligibility interpretations are governed by the NCAA.