- The Keene State College Department of Music is made up of approximately 90 music majors and 10 music minors.
- The music faculty consists of 10 full-time professors and 26 specialized lecturers and adjunct instructors.
- KSC is the only liberal arts institution in northern New England to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM. The College is also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and the New Hampshire Council for Teacher Education (NHCTE).
- The KSC Department of Music has one of the largest and most active collegiate chapters of the National Association for Music Educators (NAfME), and it has received numerous national, regional, and campus awards. Students also participate in collegiate chapters of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and American Choral Directors Association (ACDA).
- The Department of Music presents more than 75 public concerts, clinics, workshops, master classes, and recitals each year.
- KSC music graduates have successful careers in music education and performance throughout the United States and around the world (e.g., Japan, South Korea, Germany, Jordan) and have completed graduate study at some of the most prestigious universities, schools of music, and conservatories in the country.
The Redfern Arts Center on Brickyard Pond features the superb Alumni Recital Hall, two theatres, technology-enhanced practice facilities, rehearsal rooms, media-enhanced classrooms, a dance studio, and the Music Technology Instruction Lab.