- The Keene State College Music Department is made up of approximately 105 music majors and 21 music minors.
- The music faculty consists of 10 full-time professors and 32 specialized lecturers and adjunct instructors.
- Keene State is the only liberal arts institution in northern New England to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The College is also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), and the New Hampshire Council for Teacher Education (NHCTE).
- The Music Department has one of the largest and most active collegiate chapters of the National Association for Music Educators (NAfME), and it has received numerous national, regional, and campus awards. Students also participate in collegiate chapters of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) and American Choral Directors Association (ACDA).
- The Music Department presents more than 75 public concerts, clinics, workshops, master classes, and recitals each year.
- Keene State College music graduates have successful careers in music education and performance throughout the United States and around the world (e.g., Japan, South Korea, Germany, Jordan) and have completed graduate study at some of the most prestigious universities, schools of music, and conservatories in the country.
The Redfern Arts Center features the superb Alumni Recital Hall, two theatres, technology-enhanced practice facilities, rehearsal rooms, media-enhanced classrooms, a dance studio, and the Music Technology Instruction Lab.