Natalie Zalewski, 2009
2009 Graduate Natalie Zalewski, RD, Nutrition Education Coordinator, Kenosha County WIC program, Milwaukee, WISCONSIN
Natalie Zalewski’s job as nutrition education coordinator for the Kenosha County WIC program involves developing nutrition education curriculum and revamping the current program. “My boss has been thrilled with my ideas!” says Zalewski. “We received funding for a state-of-the-art teaching kitchen, so I have been involved with starting that up as well.”
Her thoughts on the Keene State Dietetic Internship:
- I loved the flexibility and being able to work part time and complete the internship part time.
- I appreciated working with my wonderful advisor to choose which internship rotations would best complement my interests and career motives.
- I liked that it was community-focused, which was the direction I wanted to follow in my career.
- I am appreciative of the many opportunities that existed, allowing me to gain experiences in a wide array of fields related to dietetics.
- I highly enjoyed working with other interns from various parts of the country to gain additional perspectives related to food and nutrition.