For Faculty Members
The Global Education Office (GEO) works with faculty to support global academic learning experiences and international education at Keene State College. We:
- Are a resource for developing international faculty-led programs and engaging in other types of international education activities and exchanges.
- Provide cross-cultural and international health information and support for KSC faculty-led courses.
- Issue international health and travel insurance required for all participants in KSC international academic faculty led courses, programs, and international independent study projects. KSC full time faculty and administrators have access to “Travel Assistance” as one feature of the Life/AD&D coverage. For more information, see www.usnh.edu/hr/benefits/lltd.html.
- Administer the Class of ‘39 fund, which provides funding to bring international lecturers to campus.
- Provide classroom visits to discuss study away, global learning, and cross-cultural adjustment in classrooms and student organizations. Request a visit.
- Provide visa and other immigration support for J-1 and F-1 international faculty and students at KSC.
Faculty-led International Academic Courses
GEO offers support and periodic training for faculty interested in developing international faculty-led programs and engaging in other types of international education activities and exchanges. Individual meetings are also available with GEO Director Dr. Skye Stephenson on program design, institutional agreements, logistical support, and brainstorming possibilities and options.
Due to the special considerations of international travel, there is an approval process and timeline for all faculty-led credit-bearing international courses and programs at Keene State College. Proposal packets need to be submitted for approval at least six months before the proposed international academic faculty-led trip is planned.
- Where to Study?
- Keene State offers study away programs in 25 countries
- Financial Fact
- KSC students' financial aid can be used to study away
- Visitors from Abroad
- Every semester, KSC hosts exchange students from our partner universities in the US and internationally