95% of returned students say that study away was "the best" or "one of the best" experiences in their life.
Health and Safety Resources
Health and safety are our highest concerns for study abroad participants. Before departure, we help prepare students for their time away from KSC addressing such topics as health awareness, cultural difference and adaptation, and academic and social support services. Our goal is for each student to have a safe and rewarding study away experience.
In what is still a time of heightened international tension, the Global Education Office also monitors the world situation closely, maintains a Crisis Management Plan, and urges parents and students to be diligent and self-aware. We have assembled this part of the Parent/Guardian web site to address these issues, provide resources, and give information. Please let us know if you need additional support or have any questions.
Most of the information on general health and safety preparation can be found in the Study Away Handbook, which is given to all students 2-4 months before departure. Again, we encourage you to support and guide your student through the preparation stages, while at the same time realizing that the student will need to be responsible for his or her welfare abroad.
Safety Information and Resources of Global Travel:
- Mobility International: for differently-abled students studying abroad
- U.S. State Department Country-Specific Information
- U.S. State Department Safety Tips for Traveling and Living Abroad
- U.S. State Department Health Tips for Traveling and Living Abroad
- U.S. CDC (Center for Disease Control) Travel Information
- General Travel Tips: Lonely Planet
- Travel Health Online
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Important KSC Contacts for Study Away
There is a saying in the field of international education that “it takes a campus to make study away happen.” In many ways this is true, since many offices, departments and individuals collaborate to make study away possible for KSC students. From professors to housing, from financial aid to the registrar, and others, study away at Keene State College is truly embraced by the entire campus. Please feel free to contact us with questions.
While the Global Education Office is the center of study away at Keene State College, some of the other offices useful to you and your son/daughter are below.
For questions about study away billing and payments, please contact:
KSC Student Accounts Office: Billing and Payments
800-572-1909 or 603-358-2263
KSC Student Accounts Office: Financial Aid
800-572-1909 or 603-358-2280
KSC Housing Office
Housing Information & Questions: 603-358-2339
- Where to Study?
- Keene State offers study away programs in 25 countries
- Financial Fact
- KSC students' financial aid can be used to study away
- Visitors from Abroad
- Every semester, KSC hosts exchange students from our partner universities in the US and internationally