The Field Experience/Engagement Fund (FEEF)
The purpose of the field experience fund is to help support faculty who wish to offer class field experiences that enrich academic and professional growth.
In your pre-proposal request to the Dean or appropriate administrator, be sure to list the FEEF as the "Secondary trip sponsor" in the pop-up box that reads, "Please list any other trip sponsors including all KSC funding sources".
The Selection Committee consists of:
- the Academic Enrichment Funding Coordinator, and
- at least one faculty member from each School: Arts & Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences, and Professional and Graduate Studies
Field Experience/Engagement Fund Policies
- Applications must be submitted to Donna Ward electronically
- Applications need to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Funds will be distributed until the budget is depleted. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- No proposals will be retroactively funded.
- Applications must be submitted by faculty who wish to offer a class field experience connected to a course. Applications must address the relevance of the experience to the student's academic growth.
- Applicants will be informed of funding decisions no later than two weeks after the application has been submitted.
- The maximum amount that may be awarded for each proposal is $500.
Proposals are rated according to the following standards:
- Priority will be given to proposals being submitted for the first time, though faculty may apply for funding even if they have previously received funding.
- Clarity of the proposal.
- Accuracy and documentation of the budget (including an explanation of the sources of other funds that will be used to support the experience, including the student's contribution).
- Proposals must include an explanation of the relationship between the field experience and the learning outcomes associated with student engagement as outlined in the course syllabus.
- The course syllabus must be included with the proposal.
Funding is dependent on all travel policies being adhered to including final approval from the appropriate dean or administrator. No funding will occur until the Associate Provost's Office (Donna Ward) has been notified that the dean or appropriate administrator has given final approval for travel. In your pre-approval request to the dean, be sure to check the HSF as the Secondary Trip Sponsor in the box that reads "Please list any other trip sponsors including all KSC funding sources."
Field Experience/Engagement Fund (FEEF) Request Form
Information on Student Travel