Information for Cooperating Professionals
Cooperating professionals ensure that our pre-service teachers develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary to help all students learn. Cooperating professionals include cooperating teachers for Methods/Practicum and student teaching, site supervisors for student teaching, and mentors for internships. Cooperating professionals working with Educator Preparation students at Keene State College can obtain information on field experience guidelines, evaluation forms, and agreement forms for field placements.
Cooperating teachers working with Keene State College pre-service teachers can find field experience guidelines, evaluation forms, and agreement forms specific to field placements.
Site supervisors are the school-based extension of the college in elementary, special education, and early childhood settings for student teaching placements and are selected by principals. They serve as liaisons with Keene State College. More about Site Supervisors
Tk20 is an integral part of Keene State College’s quality assurance system to prepare high-quality educator candidates. It is used for data collection, performance evaluation, and program improvement.
Requirements for Serving as a Cooperating Practitioner
Requirements for serving as a Cooperating Practitioner for educator preparation candidates during field experience:
- Hold certification in the area in which the candidate will be teaching.
- Have at least three years of teaching experience in the area the candidate will be teaching.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly mentor candidates.
- Demonstrate the ability to model high quality learning facilitation, as demonstrated by student learning.
- Be recommended by peers, administrators, and/or faculty and staff and approved by their principals to fulfill this role.
Contact the Educator Preparation Office
To learn more about Educator Preparation Programs at Keene State College, please contact the Educator Preparation Office or the Department Chairperson for a particular program.
Educator Preparation Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435