Political Affairs Internship
This is a part-time 14-hours per week telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to. Must be available Mondays 4:30-6:00 PM PST for The Borgen Projects national conference call.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
To Apply: To be considered for the Political Affairs Internship, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Borgen Project believes that leaders of the most powerful nation on earth should be doing more to address global poverty. Were the innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
Academic and Career Advising offers no guarantees about any position posted through this web site and is not responsible for any aspect of resulting employment. Listings on this page do not constitute Keene State College endorsement or affiliation. Students are responsible for gathering all necessary information about the position and the employer.
Local, regional, and national companies and organizations as well as private families wish to recruit you for various openings. These range from part-time positions for pay while you are in school; summer jobs for either experience or pay; internships related to your field of study (paid and unpaid; as well as career opportunities when you are ready to graduate.
Contact Academic and Career Advising
Academic and Career Advising Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435