Hitchiner is seeking a safety intern for this coming summer (May-August 2014).
The internship will be comprised of project-based assignments to include but not limited to:
- Perform annual chemical inventory of all US based Hitchiner facilities
- Update MSDSOnline to ensure MSDS inventory is accurate and current
- Assist with implementation of ISO 14001
- Assist with identifying aspects and impacts
- Assist with writing necessary procedures and communications to facilitate implementation process through the following means:
- Internal Communications SPMs
- External Communications suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Assist with further scanning and storage of files for electronic scanning
- Develop safety and environmental communications to be rolled out weekly/periodically to employees throughout the year
- Currently working towards B.S. in Safety, Sustainability, or Environmental Studies
- Experience with chemicals and material safety data sheets
- Experience with CAD is a plus
- Possess good organizational skills
- Comfortable talking to people throughout Hitchiners facilities
- Must be self-directed and have a willingness to travel to Hitchiners facilities within New Hampshire
- Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field
- Computer literacy is a must, including competency in general MS Office applications
Please apply directly through Hitchiners career website at: https://www.smartrecruiters.com/HitchinerManufacturingCoInc/74362989-safety-intern.
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Academic and Career Advising offers no guarantees about any position posted through this web site and is not responsible for any aspect of resulting employment. Listings on this page do not constitute Keene State College endorsement or affiliation. Students are responsible for gathering all necessary information about the position and the employer.
Local, regional, and national companies and organizations as well as private families wish to recruit you for various openings. These range from part-time positions for pay while you are in school; summer jobs for either experience or pay; internships related to your field of study (paid and unpaid; as well as career opportunities when you are ready to graduate.
Contact Academic and Career Advising
Academic and Career Advising Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435